Sanctum of Calm Waters
Legendary Enchantment – Shrine
At the beginning of your precombat main phase, you may draw X cards, where X is the number of Shrines you control. If you do, discard a card.
Truth lurks in the depths,
Invisible from the shore.
068/274 – U – M21 – EN – 2020
Art by Johannes Voss
- CHINESE SIMPLIFIED – 静水圣殿
- CHINESE TRADITIONAL – 靜水聖殿
- GERMAN – Heiligtum der ruhigen Gewässer
- FRENCH – Sanctuaire des eaux calmes
- ITALIAN – Santuario delle Acque Calme
- JAPANESE – 静かな水の聖域
- KOREAN – 잔잔한 물결의 성소
- PORTUGUESE – Santuário das Águas Calmas
- RUSSIAN – Святилище Тихой Воды
- SPANISH – Santuario de las aguas tranquilas
SETS & LEGALITY
You draw X cards and discard a card all while the triggered ability is resolving. Nothing can happen between the two, and no player may choose to take actions.
If Sanctum of Calm Waters leaves the battlefield while its ability is on the stack, you may control no Shrines as the ability resolves. If so, you may choose to draw zero cards and discard one, or you may choose not to draw zero cards and not discard a card.
Each Shrine has an ability that counts the number of Shrines you control. These abilities include the Shrine they’re printed on.
Shrines count only enchantments with the subtype Shrine. Other cards with “shrine” in their name (such as Jungle Shrine, Luxa River Shrine, and Nantuko Shrine) don’t count.